Smoking Cessation Programs
Flushing Hospital Wants to Help You Quit Smoking. Enroll Today! The journey to quit smoking can be difficult, but you do not have to do it alone, thanks to the existence of smoking cessation programs. Flushing Hospital’s smoking cessation team wants to help you develop a plan leading to your “quit day”. Flushing Hospital has partnered with the American Lung Association to bring you Freedom from Smoking, a comprehensive and successful group-based smoking cessation program.
About the Program
In our program, you can participate in a series of sessions facilitated by trained professionals in a small-group setting. Learn how to overcome your addiction to tobacco and enjoy the benefits of better health in a fun and interactive environment. Receive personalized attention as well as the support from group members who are experiencing this journey with you.
- Preparing for the day you quit
- Lifestyle changes to help you quit
- Medicines that can help you stop smoking
- Developing a new self-image
- Managing stress
- Avoiding weight gain
- Staying smoke-free for good workbooks and informative materials will be provided.
- Smokers will be able to identify the mental, physical and social aspects of smoking.
- Participants are six times more likely to remain smoke-free one year later than those who quit on their own.
- Up to 60% of people quit by the end of the program.